Sunday, August 13, 2006

Everybody Say 'Cheese!'

This morning Daddy and Ming took a long stroll in the neighborhood around the hotel. Linda and Levi went shopping with some of the folks in our adoption group, but I stayed back with Ming. My plan was to do a little work while Ming napped, but she wasn't in the napping mood. Since she loves being strolled, we went out for about an hour. We enjoyed all the Chinese people stopping us and asking questions. One gal asked if my wife was Chinese. Another could not believe I had a 19 year old son - I couldn't convince her that I was a day over 35. And then there was one who thought Ming's face looked like mine. Go figure.

The picture here on the right had people laughing and taking videos of Ming. I guess there are times when a thumb just won't do the trick and a toe works better. Whatever keeps a baby from crying, that's my Daddy theory.


While Mommy was away Ming had a messy diaper. I've never really been ...uh... um...er... 'gifted' in this area, but I held my breath and faced it like a man. I was shocked when I looked at her little bum-bum and saw the little gold 'made in China' sticker on her tushy. (Just a joke.)


If I've left any doubts in your minds, let me say it as plainly as possible: This little girl is precious.

No comments: